Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Out-n-About

A few months ago I posted about the tree in our front yard that had a huge branch fall off of it. The city had to come out and remove the branch that was blocking the street and traffic at 6:30 am. 
Before (October 2011)

Now
The city said they would be back this spring to plant a new tree for us! Since I was already taking photos outside I decided to snap a few more photos to show what we have been up to.
We have been cleaning up the north side of our house where the previous owner had already planted some beautiful plants, but since we were so busy last spring with stuff inside we let the weeds take over.
We also left an old fence lean against our house which caused mildew to grow up our siding. Yuck! We have been cleaning that up. It really isn't that hard we are just slow getting to it. 
Here are some photos of items we have collected in the backyard from the previous owner. I am actually quite excited about all of it. I cannot wait to start putting it all back, once I have figured out our landscaping. It will save a ton of money using the things that were already here.

I also took a photo of our house last October that wasn't the best lighting so here is a snapshot of our home in a little better lighting. I love it! 
October 2011
April 2012
I almost forgot about this awesome project! I grabbed this from the garage sale we had for the mission trip I took last summer. It was originally a wooden table with a glass top. I took the glass out, spray painted it white, put soil in it, planted some bulbs and I am excited for them to start blooming. I love it! I wish I had another one to place on the other side of our sitting area.
 And finally my sweet boy! He is going to be 4 years old on Sunday, Easter! It will also be a full year since we have had the keys to this blessing of a home. (do not mind the shop-vac in the back round...)

Sneak peak of another Krazy Kirby entry. Our dining room wall art! Have a great week!

No comments: