Friday, March 18, 2011

A bit of sad news...

We have been a little saddened lately. The purchasing of the new home hasn't gone as smoothly as we had hoped. Negotiating the inspection has proven to be a struggle and quite frankly exhausting! There really wasn't anything major the inspection turned up it just turns out the sellers don't want to be hassled with fixing ANYTHING! We haven't completely given up hope but the excitement of moving to a new place has worn off a little and the realization that our home may look like this a little longer has set in.


We know God is in control and look forward to whatever he has planned for us!

On the bright side we are all doing well. A little closer to Patrick's graduation and a little closer to summer! Here are a few pictures of the cutest 2-year-old I know. =)

No, his forehead isn't that big he just insists on wearing his Steelers hat that is way too small for his head!

Yay, for the first day we were able to enjoy the park OUTSIDE! Matthew was more than ready to go outside and play! His hair was getting so long. I will have to post more photos of his haircut later.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

P.S. Patrick would kill me if I left you thinking we were Steelers fans! The hat was a gift from Uncle Dan! We are 100% Chicago Bear fans here!


**GOOD NEWS ALERT!!!**
I posted the above post at 12:30 this afternoon and at 7 this evening I received a phone call from our realtor. He informed us that the sellers had finally agreed to fix all of the items we asked PLUS give us an extra credit towards the closing costs! Yes, I am doing a happy dance around boxes! I wish I would of given all this house stuff to God before today because even before we received the good news I was already feeling a lot better about the situation. How many times do we have to learn that lesson, giving it to God is always the best route! I wanted to be in control of it, who was I kidding?!?

1 comment:

Aimée said...

Yay for good news!