Sunday, April 3, 2011

a VERY EXCITING week!

We have many reasons to be thankful everyday, but I feel especially thankful and excited for this week! We have 2 HUGE occasions and a lot of little things that make us smile so big our cheeks hurt!

First and foremost, our wonderful Matthew Corrigan turns 3 on April 8th! I can hardly believe it! Every day I am so amazed at how much he understands! I love looking at the world through his eyes. I love seeing how innocent and naive he is. However, it scares me. I don't want him to understand the hardships of this world. I want to be able to keep him safe forever. I am so proud of my precious Matthew and I love watching him learn and grow! It also breaks my heart to know what he still has to learn and experience. My biggest hope and prayer for my dear Matthew is that Patrick and I are able to show him the love that Jesus Christ has for us. I pray that he will learn to love Jesus and put all of his trust in Him. Quite frankly, I don't know how else you could make it through this crazy life! Happy Birthday to the coolest 3-year-old I know!
Reason #2 we are thankful this week, on Friday, April 8th we close on our house!!! It is so close we can taste it! We have our apartment 75% packed and have purchased several items for the new home! Including a new dining room table, a washer, a dishwasher (it was actually free. Thanks to Brian, the best step-dad a girl could ask for!) and a dresser (also free!). Yahoo! We are so excited to have a yard and a driveway that Matthew can run around in and ride his tricycle! I cannot wait to post photos of our new home! But, in the meantime...another sneak peak!

Do you see how they not only put wallpaper on the walls and ceiling but they also found a matching shower curtain!!! I am amazed and extremely excited to rip out ALL that wallpaper! Wallpaper removing party Friday, April 8th!


...and finally but most certainly not least some little things to be thankful for! Patrick is one week closer to becoming a nurse, spring finally feels like it is here and its pay week!

Hope everyone has a great week!

1 comment:

Aimée said...

I am so excited for this next chapter in your life!