Friday, April 22, 2011

Welcome (to a very messy) Home!!!

I know I should of been updating a little sooner but we have been uber busy over here! Moving is a crazy amount of work! First things first though...Matthew's birthday! As you know his birthday and our closing fell on the same day, causing his birthday to be a little overshadowed but we will make it up next year! He did make out with a few pretty sweet gifts though (not to mention a house! How are we going to top that?!). Grandpa Jim and Granny B got him a pretty sweet ride!
I wish I would of snapped more photos but we were so busy we only got a few... 0 points for mom on this birthday.

On to the packing/moving/renovating/unpacking/chaos of our home right now! I want to warn you the next few photos are a little scary!
Bathroom
Before
during...
right now...
Close up of the floor tile.
Can you find all the differences below?

Livingroom:
Before
right now...
okay, there is really only one difference other than the furniture...
Aren't they BEAUTIFUL!?
We didn't have to do a thing to them other than rip the carpet up!
Yes, I was jumping up and down!

Dining room

Before

right now...except I am sitting at the table typing this...
Kitchen

Before
right now...
Yes, yes, yes we have already purchased a new stove and an over-the-range microwave but they don't get delivered till Wednesday. Which I don't have a problem with because as you can tell I have some organizing to do! We also bought a gas stove and the current one is electric so my wonderful stepfather will be fixing that problem as well as a very VERY long list of others.

Another view of the kitchen

Before

now
We have big plans for the kitchen/dining room but for now they are a mess!
I know, I know, you can't believe we are living in these conditions but it really isn't that bad...and I promise I won't invite you over with it looking like this, well most of you!!! I realize there are many more rooms (not to mention another floor) that I haven't shown but there is plenty of time for that! AND believe it or not I don't even have a front view of the house! And its raining right now so I am not going to do it until the weather is a little better!


1 comment:

Aimée said...

I love it! Congrats!