Friday, July 1, 2011

More of this and that...

I really need to get in a better habit of blogging because I am always thinking of good things to blog about and then when I finally get the opportunity to put it all together my mind turns to mush.
I will start with the visitor we recently had for the day, Matthew's cousin Brayden. Brayden and Matthew are the same person just 4-years apart. All I have to do it look at Brayden and I see what Matthew will be in the next few years. I think it is marvelous. Like Matthew, Brayden can be a handful, however, he is one of the most active, friendly, happy, adventurous and awesome kids I have ever met. He would much rather be exploring the world he lives in then sitting in front of the TV. I did get a few shots of both boys watching the tube, but that is just because I may have made them so that I could get things ready for the park and pool.




Do you see what I mean about their similarities?! They definitely have the very strong Kirby genes running through their little bodies!
They had so much fun together!








On to another topic: Matthew's bedroom
Here is a little timeline of his room.

Yes, it is a mess. You should probably get use to that at my house.
There is still a lot of work to be done in his room. I am so happy with the outcome though! Next item of business is to make him new curtains. It turned out looking exactly like the inspiration room from the Ikea website. And Matthew LOVES it!

The bathroom is still moving pretty slowely. My stepdad has agreed to build a vanity for the bathroom as I am having a hard time finding exactly what I want or breaking the bank doing so. Here is a vanity we will be trying to model with a few alterations.
We will see how it turns out!
You should check out their site.
They have a pretty awesome house
and her husband built pretty much all the awesome stuff in it.

I will leave you with a little Kirby summa time fun!
I almost forgot. Our Matthew is 100% potty trained! He stays dry at night and even woke up last night to use the restroom! No more diapers! Thank goodness!

2 comments:

Aimée said...

Absolutely LOVE Matthew's room! You did a great job with the painting!

mommo64 said...

ditto...regarding the potty training! Mimi Amy