Friday, July 8, 2011

What a year (or two)!

Two-years-ago Monday, Patrick and I, celebrated our wedding day.
July 11, 2009, seems like yesterday yet at times seems like forever ago!
We had an awesome day, celebrated with great friends and family
and wonderful memories of the big day!

Wasn't he lookin' fine!?

I have to admit our first year was a lot easier than our second. I am hoping the third year is a little easier but welcome any challenges because I know we will overcome them!

Our life has changed so much in the last two years and I know there are more we will encounter.
I decided in recognition of my husband and our upcoming anniversary I would make a list of just some of the things I appreciate him for. Here goes...
10. I love how he can befriend anyone. He doesn't really care how awkward, embarrassing or strange it is. He will walk up to a complete stranger and have a 30 minute conversation about absolutely everything and nothing at all!
9. He is uber active. Almost to an annoyance but it keeps me going and I need that. I would hate to be married to a couch potato. He would much rather be swimming, taking walks, playing volleyball, golfing, taking Matthew to the park or grilling out than be glued to the tube or computer.
8. He can juggle school, work and a pretty demanding family. I am thankful that we are no longer dealing with that schedule, at least for the time being, but he did it.
Something I can say I could never do.
7. He allows me to spend time and money hitting up thrift stores and garage sales!
6. I think he is and will be an amazing RN. He cares so much about all of the patients he takes care of. It genuinely upsets him when he finds out they are not taking care of themselves.
5. Believe it or not he is a pretty amazing cook! He can grill like no other!
4. He supports me no matter what. Even if everyone else is telling me what I should be doing. He really listens to what I want and then assures me everything is going to be okay. And MOST of the time he says I am right!
3. He is an awesome father to our son. I couldn't of asked for a better dad for my children. I cannot wait to watch him at our children's school/church/sporting events.
He is and will be their biggest fan.
2. He will go to church, every single Sunday, with or without me. Even when I beg him to stay in bed he will say something like "you can stay here but I am going to see JP (our pastor)." Causing me to feel guilty and grudgingly get ready for church all to be so happy I did go in the end.
1. He chose me. Anyone that would do something that crazy must be crazy. I am such a handful. I can go from happy at one moment to so mad I can hardly talk the next. I expect a lot from him (with room for little to no error) and yet he still loves me.
Through the good, bad and the ugly mornings.
I am excited to celebrate many more anniversaries and see where the future takes us.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Best blog ever, now if I can only find out how to leave my own segment about you.... I love you and Happy 2 Years