Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Oooops!


So much for becoming a better blogger!

But, here is a little update:

Patrick has begun his final semester of RN classes! Hallelujah! We are so anxious for him to be done! Where he/we will go after that is a great question. He has voiced interest in a childrens hospital or the ER. I think he would be great at both!
So now the question remains...what am I going to go back to school for...I once thought I had it all figured out...

A small recap of the last year goes a little like this...
Matthew turned 2 in April and we celebrated at Walnut Point Park with family and some awesome Thomas cookies (pictured below!) made by GREAT Aunt Sara.




We had a pretty busy summer going on various trips and working our tails off to become debt free and saving to purchase a house (hopefully) this summer! There are some pictures below from some of our trips. Patrick went on a trip to Kentucky to visit with some fellow swimmers. Hopefully, Matthew and I will be able to join in on the yearly Valpo Swimming Reunions. I think this summer it will be in Wisconsin near the Dells. :)


We also went to St. Germain, WI to have a little family vaca with my dad and stepmom. It was such a great time but went by way too fast! We already have a wish list of things we want to do when we go back!


My grandpa Jimmy passed away this summer. It was a really sad time but I know I will see him again very soon. In the mean time I have a great picture of him from my wedding. This is one of my favorites!


My brother, Matthew and I went on an awesome trip to Ely, MN. to visit another set of grandparents in September. It was so much fun and it was great sharing it with my little (big) brother!





We spent Christmas in Phoenix, AZ! It was so much fun and the first time I have ever had Christmas dinner outside with a beautiful 70 degree sunset and mountains in the background! We spent the time in Arizona at Katie (Patricks sister) and Jacobs (Patricks nephew) house.
Here is a picture of the 3 Amigos!


And then to end 2010, I went on my first ski trip EVER! I had so much fun and have been dreaming of another ski trip ever since. I hope I am able to go next winter. It was once of the most fun things I have done in a long time and double plus it is good exercise!


Well, that is 2010 in a nutshell! I hope I am able to update on a more regular basis. Until then...happy blogging!

No comments: