Thursday, February 24, 2011

still here!

So...I have realized after the past few days that it is almost impossible to be a good blogger if you do not have a functioning camera! So, like any wife would do I have been begging Patrick to "just buy one for me!" Of course, I don't want just any camera! I want a good camera! Which takes money. And then Patrick kindly reminds me I really really really want a house and that also takes money. So then I pick my bottom lip up off of the 70's shag carpet we currently have and save my whimpering for another day.

Last night, I was finally able to meet the most beautiful baby girl, Avary Magdalene Buhr. She is the daughter of Aimee and Jeff Buhr, born on Christmas Day. Aimee has a great blog with tons of photos (she has a good camera) of sweet, sweet Ava. As soon as we found out Aimee was having a girl we knew Matthew and Ava were going to be together forever. It really works out quite well because Aimee is Matthews Godmother, and well we simply do not need any other reason than that, do we?! She is so beautiful. I instantly fell in love with my future daughter-in-law! ;)


Yesterday morning, I was babysitting for another family of beautiful children and I noticed my elbows were really itching. At first I thought it was because of the dry weather, but when I went into the bathroom and pulled up my sleeve to check it out in the mirror, I had hives all over. In fact, I had so many hives you couldn't see where one began and the next one started. When I was a child I had hives every time I turned around but I cannot tell you the last time I have had them since I was an adult. To top it off of course Benadryl wasn't working. When I woke up this morning my fingers were stiff with hives. Thank goodness I took my wedding ring off (which I never do) before I went to bed because that would have been painful! First thing we did this morning we picked up a 5 day prescription to rid me off these awful itching, red annoying things!

One final note, I was blog stalking earlier and found an article, by Tim Suttle, about Christians dealing with tragedy, specifically the shooting in Tucson, and the very last sentence was very powerful to me.

It is a deeply Christian act to use words that heal, and healing needs all the words it can get.

You can read the article here.

I really need to apply these words to my life. I need to use healing words with my husband and my son. The two who are the most important to me, but the ones that hear my healing words the least.


2 comments:

MiMi said...

Amanda, I love your blogs...keep em up. You have such lovely and powerful messages in them. Carla

Aimée said...

Matthew and Avary will be the absolute perfect pair! HeHe :)